About Me

My photo
Branchport, New York, United States
A "Gladheart" group member.
A place to share my love of stamping.Unless noted everything is created using Stampin' Up! products. All of my art work is shared for your personal inspiration. Please feel free to CASE but make sure to give credit where credit is due. My ideas may not be copied for contest submissions or publication of any kind. Please do not post any of my pics with out my permission. Thank you

Friday, June 12, 2009

Distressed Flower


Stamps: Embrace Life

Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White

Inks: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango & a Black Stampin' Write marker

Accessories: Pretties Kit half pearl, Lg Oval and Wide oval punches, Bone Folder

Technique: Paper Distressing

This is Club card #3. To make the flower I used the bone folder to distress a 21/2 x 21/2" piece of Tangerine Tango CS until it was very soft and the CS was starting to separate. Then I stamped the flower and cut it out. Glued it to the White CS then gently pulled up the edges around the petals until they curled up slightly. I wish I could take credit for this idea but once again due to my bad med reaction I cased this card too. Thanks Monika your idea was awesome. I tried to leave a comment on her site but for some reason I wasn't able to. So when you check out her site, http://www.stampnmad.typepad.com/, please tell her I said Thank You.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to run to town and when I come back I hope to catch up on some stamping Challenges I missed. When I do I'll post them. Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Sandi said...

This is something new that I have never seen before -- turned out beautiful! I will be putting this on my list for one of my classes -- great idea.

kat said...

Beautiful, love the colours you put together. I would never have thought of this combo. Thanks so much for sharing.

Quiltin' Mama said...

Hey there-
Like your card
I like the oval area with the words!
cool-
sorry about the snake they are just part of the garden!
need to stamp tonight I think but doubt there will be time
see you soon- cvb

Jacki said...

Hi Michele - love this card. I haven't tried this technique but I really like the distressed look more and more. I just read about your medical issues and I sympathize with what you are going through. I have carpel tunnel in both hands :( I have yet to have the surgery for it and after reading what happened to you I am not going to rush into anything. I hope your reaction improves and you get on the right pain meds soon.

Angelia said...

I love this! The distressing is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Crackers and Kisses, Angelia

michelle sturgeon said...

Wow, I really like how you made this flower.